Welcome to print Inc.
design | embroidery | print
Are You Looking for Custom Workwear Suppliers Near Carmarthen?
Based in the heart of Crosshands, Carmarthenshire, Print Inc. are the premier choice of suppliers of customised workwear across South and West Wales.
Our Workwear Bundles
Carmarthen Suppliers of Work Trousers, Shirts, Shorts and More
Based in the heart of Crosshands, Carmarthenshire, Print Inc. are the premier choice of suppliers of customised workwear across South Wales, including Ammanford, Llanelli, Swansea, Carmarthen, Bridgend, Newport and Cardiff.
Angela Windsor, Founder and Director, already had five years experience within the printing and embroidery industry whilst being the owner and manager of the award winning “AVA Dancewear”. During this time she had a vision to significantly improve the service and quality of products offered to customers that existed within the industry. As a result of this, Print Inc. was born at the beginning of 2016.
In less than one year, Angela and Print Inc were recognised by the Women in Business 2016 awards for New Business of the Year; finalized in the “Beacon Bursary”. Following this the company expanded and purchased more embroidery machines and hired more staff to meet with the ever increasing demand.
Offering a wide range of services including workwear, PPE, signs & paper print, branding and clothing embroidery & print, Print Inc aims to be the solution for the branding needs for businesses. Our embroidery machines, heat press and vinyl cutter are constantly in use and the workshop is a hive of activity from the minute its open to the minute it closes.
Print Inc takes pride in their fresh and modern approach to provide the very best service and products for their customers, and as a result their market has expanded from local beginnings. Print Inc are proud to state that they supply customers throughout the UK, and also Europe. Print Inc also proudly supplies the Welsh Guards, offering a range of garments and clothing for their Soldiers.
It has been an extremely busy few years. Print Inc has grown (and continues to grow) as a result of the increasing demand. The ongoing business, trust and reliance of Print Inc.’s customers from “one-man bands” to large, corporate companies and the Military is its best endorsement.
About Carmarthen - South West Wales
Carmarthen is the county town of Carmarthenshire and a community in Wales, lying on the River Towy. 8 miles north of its estuary in Carmarthen Bay. The population was 14,185 in 2011, down from 15,854 in 2001, but gauged at 16,285 in 2019.
It was the most populous borough in Wales in the 16th–18th centuries, described by William Camden as “chief citie of the country”. Growth stagnated by the mid-19th century as new settlements developed in the South Wales Coalfield.
When Britannia was a Roman province, Carmarthen was the civitas capital of the Demetae tribe, known as Moridunum (“Sea Fort”). It is possibly the oldest town in Wales, recorded by Ptolemy and in the Antonine Itinerary. The Roman fort is believed to date from about AD 75. A Roman coin hoard was found nearby in 2006. Near the fort is one of seven surviving Roman amphitheatres in Britain and only two in Roman Wales (the other being at Isca Augusta, Roman Caerleon). Excavated in 1968, the Carmarthen fort has an arena of 50 by 30 yards (about 46 by 27 metres); the cavea (seating area) is 100 by 73 yards (92 by 67 metres). Veprauskas has argued for identifying it as the Cair Guorthigirn (“Fort Vortigern”) listed by Nennius among the 28 cities of Britain in his History of the Britons. Evidence of the early Roman town has been investigated for several years, revealing urban sites likely to date from the 2nd century.
During the Middle Ages, the settlement then known as Llanteulyddog (‘St Teulyddog’s) accounted one of the seven principal sees (Cantrefi) in Dyfed. The strategic importance of Carmarthen caused the Norman William fitz Baldwin to build a castle there, probably about 1094. The current castle site is known to have been occupied since 1105. The castle itself was destroyed by Llywelyn the Great in 1215, but rebuilt in 1223, when permission was given for a town wall and crenellations, making it one of the first medieval walled towns in Wales. In 1405, the town was captured and the castle sacked by Owain Glyndŵr. The Black Book of Carmarthen of about 1250 is associated with the town’s Priory of SS John the Evangelist and Teulyddog.
The Black Death of 1347–1349 arrived in Carmarthen with the thriving river trade. It destroyed and devastated villages such as Llanllwch. Local historians cite the plague pit for the mass burial of the dead in the graveyard that adjoins the Maes-yr-Ysgol and Llys Model housing at the rear of St Catherine Street.
Carmarthen Town Council, established in 1974, and replacing the former Carmarthen Borough Council, consists of 18 town councillors elected from the three wards of the town. Its responsibilities include maintenance of the town’s five parks and the town cemetery.
There are two county electoral wards, Carmarthen Town North and South (formerly Carmarthen Town North and Carmarthen Town South) electing three councillors and Carmarthen Town West, electing two councillors to Carmarthenshire County Council.
Main article: Picton Monument, Carmarthen
The Picton Monument in 2008
In 1828, a monument was erected at the west end of the town to honour Lieutenant General Sir Thomas Picton, from Haverfordwest, who had died at the Battle of Waterloo in 1815. The pillar, which was about 75 ft (23 m), was designed to echo Trajan’s column in Rome. A statue of Picton, wrapped in a cloak and supported by a baluster above emblems of spears surmounted the column.
Within a few years, the monument became dilapidated. The entire pillar was taken down in 1846. In the 1970s, the replacement sculptures were rediscovered in Johnstown and are now displayed in Carmarthenshire County Museum.
After demolition of the first monument, a new structure honouring Picton was commissioned from the architect Frances Fowler. The foundation stone was laid on Monument Hill in 1847. In 1984, the top section was declared unsafe and taken down. Four years later, the whole monument was rebuilt stone-by-stone on stronger foundations.
A campaign to remove the monument due to Picton’s treatment of slaves arose in the wake of the removal of the Statue of Edward Colston in Bristol on 6 June 2020.
Carmarthen railway station is on the West Wales Line. It opened in 1852. The town has rail links to Cardiff via Swansea to the east and Fishguard Harbour, Milford Haven, Tenby, Pembroke and Pembroke Dock to the west. There are daily direct intercity trains to London. The area suffered a number of rail closures in the 1960s under the Beeching Axe: one to Llandeilo closed in 1963 and one to Lampeter and Aberystwyth in 1965.
Carmarthen is a stop on the Eurolines bus route 890, linking London with a number of cities and towns in Munster and South Leinster in Ireland. The service may be used to destinations in Ireland, but may not be used to other stops in Britain. There is a Park and Ride service running daily from Monday to Saturday from 7.00 to 19.00 between Nantyci, to the west of Carmarthen town, and the town centre.
The town has two rugby union teams: Carmarthen Quins and Carmarthen Athletic. Quins currently plays in the Welsh Premier Division league after promotion to the Premiership in the 2008/2009 season. CPC Bears, a rugby league club based in Carmarthen and the regional side for Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire and Ceredigion, plays in the Welsh Premier Division of the Rugby League Conference.
The town’s semi-professional football team, Carmarthen Town F.C., plays in the Cymru South. Founded in 1948, it plays its home games at Richmond Park. The club colours, reflected in its crest and kit, are gold and black. The town also has a youth football team Carmarthen Stars that plays in the local Carmarthenshire Junior Leagues from the under-12s age group to the under-16s age group.
The town has two golf courses, a leisure centre with an eight-lane, 25-metre swimming pool, where the Carmarthen district swimming club is based, a synthetic athletics track, and an outdoor velodrome. It also has an athletics team, Carmarthen Harriers. A cycle track opened in about 1900 and remains in use. Motorcycle speedway racing was staged in the early 2000s at a track built on the western outskirts of the town. The team raced in the Conference League.
Community – Carmarthen
Principal area – Carmarthenshire
Ceremonial county – Dyfed
Country – Wales
Sovereign state – United Kingdom
Post town – CARMARTHEN
Postcode district – SA31-33
Dialling code – 1267
Police – Dyfed-Powys
Fire – Mid and West Wales
National Botanic Garden of Wales
The National Botanic Garden of Wales is a Botanical Garden located in Llanarthney in the River Tywi valley, Carmarthenshire, Wales.
The garden is both a visitor attraction and a centre for botanical research and conservation, and features the world’s largest single-span glasshouse measuring 110 m long by 60 m wide.
Paxton’s Tower is a Neo-Gothic folly erected in honour of Lord Nelson. It is situated on the top of a hill near Llanarthney in the River Tywi valley in Carmarthenshire as a visitor attraction that can be combined with a visit to the nearby National Botanic Garden of Wales.
Its high location provides views over the Botanic Gardens and the Tywi valley.
The tower, a grade II* listed building, is under the care of the National Trust.
Castell Carreg Cennen
Welcome to officially the most romantic ruin in Wales – as voted by readers of Countryfile magazine.
Perched on a great limestone crag nearly 300ft/90m above the River Cennen, the dramatic silhouette of Carreg Cennen dominates the skyline for miles around and commands stunning views over the Carmarthenshire countryside.
From the moment you first glimpse the castle, probably built by Edward I’s loyal baron John Giffard at the end of the 13th century, you feel an incredible sense of drama and remoteness.
In this wild setting, with few reminders of the modern world, the castle will seem like your own personal discovery. So feel free to enter the elaborate barbican overlooked by twin towers. Explore the natural cave and vaulted passage cut into the cliff-face. We guarantee an unforgettable experience.
Llyn Llech Owain Country Park
Llyn Lech Owain is an area of 73 Hectares (180 acres), managed for your enjoyment by Outdoor recreation Services with nature trails, an adventure area including a cool adventure playground. A forest track provides a longer hike or bike ride around the country park and there’s a rough mountain bike trail for the more adventurous cyclists amongst you!
At the heart of the Country Park is the lake, which is surrounded by a peat bog. This rare habitat is designated a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI).
Mynydd Mawr Woodland Park
Swansea University is a public research university located in Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom. It was founded in 1920 as University College of Swansea and gained its university status in 2007. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in a wide range of disciplines, including arts and humanities, engineering, medicine, business, and science. The university has been consistently ranked as one of the top universities in the UK for student satisfaction and employability.
The Bay Campus can be found in Swansea Bay, having opened in 2015 and is home to the College of Engineering and the School of Management. The campus features state-of-the-art facilities, including a £450 million Engineering and Computer Science building, a £30 million Great Hall and Conference Centre, and a £5.5 million Sport and Wellbeing Village. The Bay Campus is also home to the National Waterfront Museum, which explores the industrial and maritime history of Wales. The campus is located in a prime waterfront location, offering views of Swansea Bay and the Gower Peninsula.